Cleaning your dryer vent

Home owners have many jobs that come with managing a property. From taking care of the landscaping to making sure that all necessary property improvements are made, it is important to make sure that you stay on top of every thing that has to do with your house and the land that accompanies it. In fact, a responsible home owner takes care of everything from dryer vent cleaning to making sure that they have installed the most efficient kitchen appliances and from making sure that attic insulation installation is correctly completed.
Duct cleaning services can help home owners not only make sure that their homes are efficient, but that the air that is pumped through your home several times a day is healthy and clean. Unfortunately, even when the smallest of details are not completed the ramifications can be serious. Did you know, for instance, that there are 2,900 residential clothing dryer fires every year resulting in an estimated five deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property damage or loss, according to the U.S. Fire Administration.
in addition to dryer vent cleaning to avoid fire, homeowners should also have their air ducts cleaned every three to five years so that you can get the maximum cooling and heating efficiency. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the importance of paying attention to the smallest home ownership details:

  • Good insulation can reduce the cost of heating and cooling by as much as 40%.
  • 25% of a house?s heat loss is typically caused by poor insulation.
  • $1,900 a year is the average amount a U.S. family spends on home utility bills. Heating and cooling accounts for the largest portion, in fact 54%, of those bills.
  • The leading cause of residential clothing dryer fires is failure to clean them. In fact, 34% of these residential fires are caused by dryer fires.
  • Only 25% of the lint in a dryer is caused by the screen in a dryer. Unfortunately, the remaining 75% ends up sticking to the walls of the dryer vent, producing a significant fire hazard.
  • 80% of Americans are exposed to dust mites on a daily basis and 60% are exposed to pet dander, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. All of these conditions can cause health problems, particularly for people who suffer from allergies and asthma.

Leave a Reply