If you have ever tried to remove a stripped screw, you know how hard it is. Whether you are dealing with regular sized or miniature screws, getting out stripped screws can be a real challenge and pain in the butt. Have no fear, there are ways to get rid of pesky stripped screws.
- Do you have a screw extractor? These are great tools for removing miniature screws and regular sizes stripped screws. This is also the easiest way to go about removing stripped screws. If you have one of these tools, or can get your hands on one, they work just about every time and take almost no effort. If you have to deal with a lot of stripped screws, it might behoove you to look into buying one. They are not expensive tools and are very handy.
- Get out a thick rubber band. This is one of the best ways to get out a stubborn stripped screw. It works as well on miniature screws and custom screws as it does on larger screws. Take the rubber band and put it on top of the stripped screw. Push down very hard with your screwdriver into the groove of the stripped screw and turn. The rubber band will give you the grip you need to get rid of any micro screws or regular stripped screws.
- Try a screwdriver that is too big. You should not have too much trouble finding a screwdriver whose head is just a little bit too big for tiny screws, small screws or even just normal sized screws. What you do is press down really hard with the screwdriver and turn. This is a lot like the rubber band methods. If the screw has only been stripped a little, this can be a very easy way to get it out.
- Try an old drill bit. Take your drill and drill a neat hole into the screw. This method may not work as well on miniature screws but it works well on lager stripped screws. You do not need the hole to be deep to be effective. This should give your screwdriver enough room to get in and get that stripped screw out.
- Get out some welding adhesive. What you will want to do is basically glue a bolt onto your stripped screw. You need to first find yourself a nut that is around the same size of your screw. You may have a hard time with this if you are working with miniature screws. Place your but so that the hole is just over the stripped screw. Take your welding adhesive and fill the hole with it. Try not to let your adhesive spill onto other parts of whatever you are working on. This can cause a real mess and be hard to clean up. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the drying time. Once it is dry, use a wrench to remove your stripped screw.
- Weld a nut to the screw. If you are really into welding, you can skip the welding adhesive and just weld the screw to the bolt. Once you have the bolt attached, remove the screw with a wrench.
- Try some pliers. If you have been able to get the stripped screw a little bit up so that the head is exposed, maybe the screw was stripped when you did this, you can try to clamp some small needle nose pliers to the screw and work on turning it that way. This can be a very effective way to get rid of those stripped normal size and miniature screws.
- Try a flat head screwdriver. Depending on the size of the screw, this may work. Apply the same technique that you use with the oversized screwdriver method. This is often a good way to deal with a stripped screw.
- Try a hammer and screwdriver. You need to take care when you are trying to use this method. Take your screwdriver and tap it into the screw. This may make is possible to remove the screw with your screwdriver. You should not event consider this if your item is fragile.
Dealing with stripped screws can be frustrating and annoying. These tips can help make it easier and less of a pain.
alden 4507p, alden 4507p grabit micro broken bolt extractor 4 piece kit, drill bit to get out stripped screws, easy out kit lowes, hole saw plug remover, how do you remove a broken screw from wood, how to remove broken drill bit from wood, remove by, screw remover lowes, small screw extractor kit, unscrew rusted screw, very small screws, 3ds stripped screw removal, allen head screw stripped, allen key hole stripped, bad screw, best tool to remove stripped bolts, best way to cut metal screws, best way to get a broken screw out, best way to get stripped screw, best way to remove a screw with a stripped head.