Based on your desire to have some nice new backyard fences, you may assume you are within your rights to select fence choices from your local fence installation companies. Not so fast! Fencing a baseball diamond or fencing a pool might be par for the course for commercial fence contractors, but your own place of residence might not be quite so eligible.
Although there are over 270,000 people working for close to 100,000 fence-related businesses in America, not everyone can attain backyard fences quite so easily. The fencing industry doesn’t generate $51 billion in revenue a year by catering to every person who comes along asking for commercial fencing services. Find out what your chances are of getting a fence installed to complement your home.
- If you are a renter of the property in question, you will not be able to order up custom fencing without the approval and participation of the landlord or homeowner.
- Before assuming you can order up modern fencing for your home, ensure that you are within the service area of the local fence companies. Decorative fences are hard to install when the commercial fencing contractors won’t even come to your abode.
- Look up what options the fencing companies in question actually provides. More than once, some unsuspecting bumbler orders up a commercial privacy fence from a company that is strictly in the railings and handrails business. Know the fence styles and fence types of residential fencing that your fencing provider provides.
- Although it may seem obvious, it is worth saying that figuring out your financing is a definite prerequisite before any fence acquisition can go down.
- Last but absolutely not least, make sure that the spot in which you seek a fence is an approved area. Examples of non-approved areas include storm water easements, building restriction lines, or your neighbor’s backyard.
All in all, backyard fences are fun and simple to install, much like fencing for tennis courts. Don’t fall into the trap of being unable to install a fence for one of the reasons above. Do your homework and create the circumstances within which your fence will thrive.